Safety, Health, Environment & Quality
Health & Safety Policy Statement
ABR Projects Ltd is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all its employees and to protecting the safety of clients, visitors, neighbours and all other persons affected by our business. In recognition of our aim “to facilitate a stronger working relationship with the private sector, both by fostering long term strategic partnerships and by employing locally based managers who can provide a knowledgeable and swift response to day-to-day issues” the Managing Director accepts:
- Ultimate responsibility to lead the company in providing for the Health and Safety of our people and our environment
- All company developments and decisions adequately reflect its Health and Safety intentions as outlined in this policy
- The need to actively encourage support and participation in Health and Safety improvement from employees
- The requirements to be kept informed and alert to relevant Health and Safety risk management issues
The company is committed to:
- Reducing the incidence of personal injury, occupational illness and creating an accident free environment
- Minimising loss caused through near misses, fire and our everyday activities
- Providing training, instruction, information and supervision to maintain competency at all levels throughout the organisation
- Ensuring adequate resources and funding are available to improve health & safety
- Encouraging and supporting managers and staff in their resolution of safety issues to promote improvement
As a minimum we will comply with all relevant Health and Safety Legislation within the parameters in which we operate, but we will strive towards excellence through continuous improvement initiatives.
It is essential that every employee recognise their duty to co-operate with our policy, to work safely and to prevent others from being exposed to unnecessary risk. To this end safe working practices are not separable from normal working practices and all employees should commit to all reasonable caution being exercised in undertaking their work. In particular employees are to work within their personal competency level and report any unsafe practices or potential hazards regardless of location.
The Managing Director through the Company Board and management will undertake to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, that employees do not work in unsafe conditions and will welcome the initiative of employees where Health and Safety can be improved.
This policy and safety objectives will be formally reviewed annually, or as significant change occurs, whichever is the earlier.
Signed: Scott Guest, Managing Director
Date: 5th April 2016